Yoga in Greece
Dates: June 24-July 3, 2013 (10 days)
Price: 1800 € (euros)
Awaken Your Body, Mind and Heart
Discover peace, relaxation, and rejuvenation on this breathtaking Greek island. A yoga, meditation and dance course that will focus on rebalancing energy and repairing problems within our bodies while we go in search of the sacred. We will practice sacred dances, meditation and dervish yoga coming from India and Tibet as well as other places. The goal is to focus on stimulating and harmonizing all our physical, emotional, mental and spiritual resources, allowing us to be more at peace, more creative, and more joyful in our daily lives. In the afternoon, we will discover beautiful waterfalls, springs, beaches and small villages on this spiritual island and we will share and discuss and speak about the science of movement. On the last morning, we will dance in the temple dressed in white where hundreds of years ago people danced to achieve better vibrations.
During the exploration, we will be practicing:
- Yoga (Dervish, Nadi)
- Sacred movements of Gurdjieff
- Energetic hygiene
It’s all about the experience
10 days of yoga (4 hours each day-2 in the morning and 2 in the early evening)
- Course schedule: 4 hours of practice per day (2 in the morning and 2 in the early evening)
- Accommodation: Participants of the workshop will stay in bungalows in a hotel in Therma that boasts medicinal baths and is surrounded by natural beauty. There will be 2 people per bungalow.
- Language: The course will be taught in English.
- Location of course: Samothrace, Greece.
- Local in-country coordinators: All coordination teams are English speaking. Aside from the local support from your in-country team you’ll be given access to a 24/7 emergency phone line manned by our response team in case any problem should arise while you’re overseas.
We will be doing various excurisions on the island throughout the 10 days.
What is included
- 10 days of yoga (4 hours each day-2 in the morning and 2 in the early evening)
- 10 night accommodation (double occupancy)
- Breakfast every morning
- 2 excursions on the island in rental car
- 24 hour access to our representative on the island
What is not included
- Health insurance. Each participant must show proof of medical coverage throughout stay in Greece.
- Flights are not included but Go Inspired can assist you in making your travel arrangements. We will meet you when you arrive in Samothrace.
What to bring:
- Yoga Mat
- Warm yoga clothes: If you are visiting in December and January it is hot once the sun comes up and you can spend all day on the beach but the mornings can be chilly during practice so it’s best to have a track suit or something warm.
- Money: Greece uses the Euro. For up-to-date exchange rates see www.xe.com
- Electrical adaptors: they operate on 220V, the same 2 prong plugs as Europe, which are different from North America.
- Beach towel
- Driving license: If you plan on renting a car you will need to have your home country driving license.
- Mosquito repellent
- Sunscreen: You will need to take care against the strong sun.
How to get there:
To get to Samothrace, you can take a ferry from Kavala which is offered several times per week. Another option is a boat from Alexandroupoli, which operates four boats per day during the high season. There is no airport on the island.
For more information regarding Samothrace, check out the following links:
Finally, a teacher who genuinely cares! Because, for Sowmya, yoga comes from the heart. In a world where yoga has come to mean another form of physical exercise, Sowmya reinstates yoga to its rightful place as a restorative art and revitalizing science.Spring, 2012Yoga for Peace, India
Meet the instructors
Marco Bendoni, born in Italy, has been trained in Renaissance and contemporary dance, theater and Commedia Dell’ Arte, ballet, Tai chi, Tao Yoga and Yoga of the dervishes, as well as Gurdjieff Sacred dances. He has spent time abroad including living in France, Spain, and India. He has participated in festivals throughout the world as well as attended and given workshops and seminars in yoga, meditation, sacred dances as well as theatre and dance. He is currently studying at the University of Samadeva in Alsace, France where he studies energetic treatments, psychocorporal methods, family constellations, spirituality and well-being. Marco is an instructor who gives full attention to his students and in turn students benefit immensely from the time spent learning together.