Summer Trip to Ireland – High School Students
Dates: June 28-July 22, 2013 (24 days)
Price: 3800 € (euros)
A Summer of a Lifetime
A unique and unforgettable experience for high school students who want to learn about Irish culture, practice English and meet other students from around the world. A one month chaperoned trip geared toward fun while exploring Ireland’s beautiful landscape and getting to know its rich heritage is what this one-of-a-kind trip is about. Students attend workshops and classes such as Gaelic football, baking traditional Irish food, Irish music, dance and drama as well as visit historic places throughout Ireland. This is a chance to explore beautiful Ireland, while having a full English immersion experience alongside the warm people of Ireland as well as American and Canadian high school students.
Some Workshops/Classes:Irish food, Irish music, Irish History, Drama, Dance, and much much more…
Tours: Black Taxi Tour of Belfast, Aran Islands, Dublin, Burren, Cliffs of Moher, Glendalough, the President’s House, Blarney Castle, Giant’s Causeway, Croke Park and much more!
Students must have a B.1 level (lower-intermediate) or above to be able to participate in this program. An oral test will be given as part of the application process.
- Accommodation: Students will stay in apartments and student residences throughout their stay.
- Language: The trip will be in English.
- Location of course: Ireland
- Local in-country coordinators: All coordination teams are English speaking. Aside from the local support from your in-country team you’ll be given access to a 24/7 emergency phone line manned by our response team in case any problem should arise while you’re overseas.
- Go Inspired staff will fly to and from Ireland with students.
- Tours in Dublin, Galway and Waterford
- Black Taxi Tour of Belfast
- Aran Islands
- Cliffs of Moher
- The President’s House
- Blarney Castle
- Giant’s Causeway
- Croke Park
- And much much more
What is included
What it includes:
- Flight from Madrid or Valencia
- 24 Nights of Accommodation
- Complete itinerary with various activities, featured tours and admissions
- Meals three times per day
- Teachers, Counselors and Coordinators
What is not included
- Optional Actvities
- Transportation to airport
- Medical Insurance-students must show proof of medical insurance while in Ireland.
If coming from NYC, price before January 1, 2013 is $4,950. After January 1, 2013, the price is $5,350.
I think it was awesome. I loved the people who organized it and the students who participated. I really enjoyed the trip to Ireland. I learned more English, the American way of life and Ireland's culture. The course is awesome and you meet new people. It's a real experience!Summer, 2012High School Trip to Ireland
My trip to Ireland this summer was even better than I imagined it would be. I will admit that I was extremely nervous before leaving home, but the counselors and other students were so warm and friendly that I was barely homesick at all. By the end of the trip, we had all bonded so much that no one wanted to leave. My 22 friends and I were new family members. We were instantly immersed in Irish culture, history, and landscapes within the first day of arriving. The things that I learned and saw on this trip will stay with me for many years to come. I wouldn’t take back a second of it, and now I wish I could just go back. It was such a great growing experience for me; I came back home feeling so much more confident and independent. It gave me such a great appreciation for another culture other than my own and allowed me to see how other people live day by day. It was really eye-opening and I made memories that I will remember forever.Summer, 2012High School Trip to Ireland