Give More, Learn More
This volunteer in Ecuador in a village program aims to give volunteers a chance to discover the beautiful culture and sights of Ecuador while working side-by-side with the Ecuadorian people. Volunteers will have the options of helping with production in the various micro-enterprises, teaching English in the local school and/or to the young people involved in community tourism, administrative tasks and reforestation, among others. There is something for everyone! It is a safe and fully supported trip.
During this trip, volunteers will:
- Become fully immersed in the daily life of an Ecuadorian family and community
- Participate in community service work
- Practice your Spanish skills (if you are a beginner, no problem!)
- Explore your host community and the surrounding areas and communities
- Participate in community tourism
A Unique Opportunity
This volunteer in Ecuador in a village trip includes:
Volunteering and excursions. This gives volunteers an opportunity to experience Ecuador from different perspectives.
It’s all about the experience
Volunteering in a picturesque village a few hours outside of Quito is an incredible opportunity. Here you may spend anywhere from one week to as long as you like doing community service in a village unique to anywhere in the world. Through your time volunteering you will get the opportunity to contribute to our partner project in the small Andean valley of Salinas in the Bolivar province. This unique village surrounded by picturesque meadows and mountains at an altitude of 3,550 m is based on a socially inclusive economy and community tourism. Roughly 80% of its inhabitants play an active role in one of the twenty local micro-enterprises that make products from local raw materials, such as delicious handmade chocolate, world class cheese, nougat, jam, sun-dried fruit and mushrooms, yarn, sausages, essences, herbal teas and healing creams.
Accommodation: We want you to be comfortable so we provide housing in hostels (or hotels at an additional cost) on your arrival and then you have the choice to stay in a community-run hostel or with a host family while volunteering. All prices are based on double occupancy but single occupancy is available for an additional cost.
- 8 days/7 nights (4 days of volunteering) $800/$900 single supplement
- 14 days/13 nights (10 days of volunteering) $1350/$1500 single supplement
- 14 days/13 nights (8 days of volunteering) $1950/$2120 single supplement